Thursday, October 27, 2011

Here we go

Ok so today was the first day of injections. Had my baseline u/s done yesterday down in Indy which was a long drive for 5 min in the office and a $1600 bill. They showed me how to inject myself, which looked really simple, til I got home tonight and stared at the needle. Ok, so it isn't a big needle, truthfully it's fine and short, but it took me a good 30 minutes of staring at it, attempting, then chickening out, before I could actually put the needle in my stomach. I was nervous, and totally expecting it to hurt. I have a decent pain tolerance, and needles don't generally bother me, but there is something about having to stick a needle in yourself that totally changes your perspective. I looked at Nick and asked, as I chickened out for the 5th or 6th time, "How do diabetic people do it?" He looked at me and said, "Well they don't want to die." I joke all the time about how I have no willpower when it comes to food, but if I had to give myself an injection like this every day for the rest of my life I would be dieting and exercising like crazy. I would never touch another french fry or piece of chocolate. So I finally get up the guts to put the needle in my stomach. It didnt hurt at all, what had I been so scared of? I pushed down the injector button, held it in for 10 seconds, then pulled it out, no big deal. That's when it started to sting. As soon as that needle came out it was like my flu shot all over again. Not totally pain filled, but definitly uncomfortable. But it's done. Now I just have to repeat it every night at 7pm for the next 10 days or so. Nick's mom made the comment last night, as we were complaining about the prices, "You can't put a price on a baby." Uh, sorry, but I beg to differ, you can definitly put a price on it, and this month it is $2500 and a daily dose of discomfort. And apparently the longer it takes to get pregnant, the more it costs. So I am keeping my fingers crossed that our buck stops here and we finally have some luck, keep your fingers and toes crossed for us, and a little prayer sent our way wouldn't hurt either.

No comments:

Post a Comment