Monday, October 24, 2011

Injections...Ugh

Ok so only 5 months this time, go me!! Still no luck ttc. In September I started seeing a reprodcutive endocrinologist recommended to me by some of the fabulous ladies that I work with. Dr. Henry has been great, easy to talk to, and willing to do whatever it takes to find a plan that works for us. That being said, tomorrow or Wed I go in for my baseline u/s (day 1 started this evening)and from there I begin injections of Follistim. So, I am totally nervous. I am nervous about giving myself the injections in the stomach, even though I realize that it is a tiny needle. I am also nervous about Nick giving me the HCG injection in the hip, cause that needle is a little bigger. But mostly I am nervous that we are going through all of this, spending all this money, getting our hopes up, and it isn't going to work. I am doing my best to have positive thoughts, which is hard given all the disappointment to date coupled with all the crazy hormones. If it works, I am going to have one of the best birthdays ever. If it doesn't.....I don't even want to think about it. I just want things to go well, keep your fingers crossed for us!

On to happier news, I have a beautiful 3 level deck that I am doing my best to enjoy at every opportunity. It took almost every weekend this summer, and it still needs railing and some stairs, but it is done enough that we can sit out and chill. I was recently promoted and am doing a lot of training for the Auto UN position. So I guess you could say there are some other stressors in my life :). Mom's official last day of work is Friday, the lucky girl! So life is chugging along, a little faster than I would like, but hey, I am trying to enjoy each day I am given and I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment